Pardon our dust as we reconstruct our website.
Cultivating Christian Virtue
25 years of establishing a community of virtuous scholars who advance God’s kingdom locally and throughout the world.
What We Do
The goal of a classical education at Smith Preparatory Academy is particularly ambitious: cultivating in our students a love for the good, the beautiful, and the true that will be a foundation for a life in service to God. Our program seeks to train the hearts and the minds of our students in order to furnish them with the tools necessary to glorify and enjoy God through their individual callings.
Smith Preparatory Academy affirms of the dignity of the human person because it first affirms the wisdom, grace, and goodness of God, our Creator and Redeemer. We seek truth because God is Truth; we pursue what is good because God is Good; we rejoice in what is beautiful because God is the source of all Beauty.
Smith Preparatory Academy seeks to provide students in grades K-12 with the highest quality Christian classical education and to cultivate Christian virtue.
Our Success in Numbers
years of faithful service
SAT points higher than the national average
academic grades served
commitment level of instructors
Why You’ll Love Us
There has never been a better time to partner with Smith Preparatory Academy.
- We offer academic classes for grades K-12 including dual enrollment credits
- We are a hybrid program with qualified instructors
- We are cultivating students of the highest academic quality
- We offer a unique education in Central Florida
- We are an accredited school
“An intimate community of virtuous young scholars”
“Praise the Lord for the faithful servants on staff at Smith Preparatory Academy! Not only has Smith Prep’s model of classical education and rigorous academic standards challenged our two sons to develop cognitively, its ambitious philosophy of teaching students to seek truth, goodness, and beauty across the curriculum enabled them grow morally and spiritually as well. My wife and I truly appreciate the integral role Smith Prep faculty plays in helping us disciple our young men. It is much more than just another Christ-centered school that offers classical education. Smith Prep is a small campus of big thinkers, an intimate community of virtuous young scholars, and a loving extended family that blesses us immensely.”
Mr. Don Levonius (Parent, 2013-2019)
“A Rich blessing”
“Smith Prep Academy has richly blessed our four children over the past 7 years. The teachers have both challenged and encouraged each of our children in their academic endeavors and in their spiritual growths. Through their classical education model, the teachers have greatly enhanced critical thinking and have developed valuable communication skills. Two of our children are now thriving in college, largely due to the education they received at Smith Prep. In addition, their entire staff has walked and prayed with us through life. Our family strongly recommends Smith Prep Academy: where they challenge students, prepare them for success, and equip them to be disciples of Christ.”
The McCain Family (2012-2018)
- Consumerism is Killing a Good EducationEducation is not a simple commodity that is easily purchased off the shelf of a market or indiscriminately obtained by the memorization of facts. To educate a child takes more than a good curriculum, a good teacher, and well-meaning parents. … Read more
- The Benefits of Reading AloudIn this post, our 3/4 grade teacher, Mrs. Roberts, discusses the benefits that come from parents reading aloud with their children. Why is reading aloud the type of activity that parents seem to avoid? Is it the time it takes, … Read more
- Smith Preparatory Academy: A Truly Christian EducationWe are living in tumultuous times. Political and social unrest characterize our culture. Political divisions grip our conscience, propelling us to aggressively embrace or denounce party affiliations. Many people are despairing about the current state of affairs and disillusioned by … Read more